The Great Secret To Activating The Law

The lady on the phone had a question.

"I've been giving money away for years and I haven't seen my own prosperity grow at all. What am I doing wrong?"

"Where are you giving money?"

"To my local church."

"Why are you giving them money?" I asked.

"They need it."

"How do you feel when you give it to them?"

"Like I am helping them out of a hole."

"But how do you really feel when you give them money?"

There was a moment of silence.

"Well, it.s a pain," she admitted. "I cringe when I write them a check."

Not good.

"If you feel lousy when you give money, then you are associating money with bad feelings," I explained. "You probably don't want to attract more bad feelings, so you probably won't attract much more money, either."

"Wow. I never thought of it that way."

"And if you give because someone asked for it or even pleaded for it, then you are reinforcing need," I explained. "In order for you to experience increased wealth, you want to give money wherever it makes you feel good to do so. In other words, giving to someone who needs it is a noble thing to do. Do it. But that.s not the principle I'm talking about here."

"I get it!" she said. I couldn't help but think some other part of the universe was helping her understand what I couldn't explain.

"What did you get?" I asked.

"I've been keeping the church in a begging mode," she said.

"My heart wants to give money to wherever I feel spiritual nourishment. Sometimes that.s my church. Sometimes it's not."

"You got it!. I said.

And there you have it.

You can give money to any causes you like. I've helped The Red Cross, the Make-A-Wish Foundation, cancer funds, and more. But I didn't expect my finances to increase from that giving. That generosity was helping, yes, but not necessarily activating spiritual law.

The spiritual law of financial income seems to happen when you give money freely to wherever you get your spiritual nourishment, with a small expectation that somehow, some way, some day, your finances will increase as a result.

Giving to worthy causes might activate the law if you feel you received spiritual nourishment from those causes. But if you didn't, and you give anyway, you are probably just helping people in need.

That, of course, is noble. I say do it.

Again, the subject of this book is the greatest money-making secret in history. And you activate that secret when you give freely, joyously, to wherever you currently get spiritual nourishment and nurturing.


"Money is an outer form of spiritual substance."

-- Georgiana Tree West, Prosperity's Ten Commandments


1 komentar:

Suta says
July 25, 2007 at 6:10 PM

Terima kasih atas kehadiran dan komentarnya di blog saya yang sederhana.
Mohon ma'af jika blog tersebut terkesan idealis dan sok moralis. Tapi saya hanya menyampaikan apa yang terdapat di dalam ebook yang saya terjemahkan.
Saya juga jadi rada bingung dengan pernyataan bapak yang menyebutkan lebih suka ikut daripada membuat program affiliasi. Tapi itu mungkin karena bapak tidak membaca keseluruhan kisah yang saya sampaikan.
Tapi walau bagaimanapun saya mengucapkan terima kasih atas perhatiannya, dan mohon ma'af jika ada kata-kata yang tidak berkenan. Saya hanyalah seorang pemula yang ingin mencatat apa yang sudah dan sedang pelajari, dan syukur kalo bisa bermanfaat bagi orang lain juga. Salam..