Controversial Secrets Behind Joe Vitale's Hypnotic Success

I believe we are what we read, as well as who we hang around with.

I read about great people so some of their greatness rubs off on me---at least I hope it does.

I first heard of Bruce Barton in Robert Collier's legendary book, "The Robert Collier Letter Book." I had never heard of Barton before that. I became fascinated with the man.

I was on a mission to find out what happened to him. How did this once best-selling author and famous ad-man---an advisor to presidents---fall through the cracks of history? I wanted to know. I NEEDED to know.

The result of my two year quest was my book on Barton, "The Seven Lost Secrets of Success." But I never began my mission with the idea that I would write a book. I simply followed my interests.

No doubt my research influenced me. What I learned about Barton influenced my writing style and my marketing philosophy. Barton was very sincere. I've learned to make that my war cry.

Barton was a great storyteller. I've learned to tell stories to make my points.

Books stretched my mind, fueled my dreams, sharpened my senses, and developed my personality. The difference between an average person and a great success is often the books he or she reads. The more you read, the more successful you will be.

You can save yourself trial and error, as well as blood, sweat and tears, by reading how others achieved their results. Books rule!

I read Barnum autobiography and fell in love with the man. His humor, story-telling, ingenious way of seeing opportunities---all of it charmed me and mesmerized me. I was deeply influenced by Barnum. His sense of fun and outrageousness made me stretch my own mental boundaries. I became a much stronger publicist after reading about Barnum. And because Barnum was into Magic and Hypnosis, it all served to deepen my own interest in those subjects.

But I never planned to write a book on Barnum until after my book on the Internet, "CyberWriting," was done and I looked
around for my next project.

I proposed something on the marketing secrets of Barnum and my publisher at the time, AMACOM, jumped at the idea. The next thing I knew, I was knee deep into research on Barnum---which ended up being my book, "There's A Customer Born Every Minute."

How did I FIRST discover Hypnotic Marketing?

Am I really know about all that submodality, contextual reframing stuff that exists in Hypnosis?

I am basically self-taught when it comes to hypnotic marketing. While I am a certified hypnotherapist, and have been fascinated with hypnosis since I was 16 years old -- over 30 years now -- most of my discoveries came from putting my ideas to the test in the street.

I simply tried some hypnotic concepts in my writing and they worked. Then I tried them in my marketing and they worked, too. I then ended up writing about my ideas in my hypnotic line of books, the first being "Hypnotic Writing."

I learned to become a better writer by studying master writers. I was deeply influenced by Mark Twain, Jack London, and William Saroyan. Robert Collier, of course, changed my life. I think anyone can become a great writer by studying great writers.

As for my discovering things, I simply experiment. I think desire is a great motivator. Necessity is the father of invention. Desire is the mother of it. When you desire things---more of anything---it will move you to begin creating and discovering whatever you need to achieve them.

For example, because I desired a BMW Z3 car, I created a whole new form of marketing---the email e-class. I made about $23,000 my first week after inventing the class. And yes, I bought the car.

In many ways, the early years traumatized me. They were not easy or pleasant. I have had to go through years of therapy to get clear with those events. But there was a great gift in the events as well.

They taught me to hold to my dream, to never give up, to remain hopeful. And I learned from every job. Being a car salesman taught me about people. Being a laborer on the railroad taught me about hard work

Jonathan Jacob was one of many healers who helped me unravel my own beliefs. Beliefs are the wiring in your head that control your life. Change that wiring and you change your life.

My best advice is to find a miracles coach---someone who can lovingly help you see your limitations and go for your dreams. These days I work with Ann Taylor Harcus. Some people write me to for help, as I do Spiritual Mind Treatments for a select few.

I think reading books will nudge you towards your dreams but getting a miracles coach will blast you towards them. The key is finding an authentic coach. My advice would be to check with the clients they have. Judge them by their fruits. If people are getting results, that coach may just be the one for you.

I have done my best to help people freely. And many people have helped me. I have also learned that the greatest money-making secret in history is this---give money away. The more you give, the more you'll get. Don't expect it to come from specific person or place, but hold on to your expectation.

Related to my job as a copywriter, I have a source of writng called swipe-file. Every good copywriter and marketing person worth his salt collects the cream of the crop for inspiration later. I don't think there is any one person I like to swipe. I look for headlines, letters, ideas, concepts, that seem to work, and save them. I also collect books on how to write great copy, and probably have the largest collection in the world.

I'm a big fan of John Caples, Dan Kennedy, Denny Hatch, and Kenneth Goode. I've seen some of my own copy reproduced with minor changes all over the net. Direct copying like that is usually illegal and usually doesn't improve sales. What we all need is sincerity and originality. I use swipe files to be inspired.

That's what they are for. My own file, co-authored by Larry Dotson and me, is something I refer to every time I have to write copy.

I keep the swipe files that Larry Dotson and I created in a binder right beside my desk. When I want inspiration, I start flipping through the book. I don't believe anyone needs an organized approach to creating. I think what you need are triggers.

You can open a dictionary, take any word, and use it to trigger a new line of thinking. Swipe files act as triggers for me. But anything can be a trigger. Even my cat. The right look or meow and I'm ready to write. Well, sometimes.

I try to make my letters visually inviting. I like a strong headline, a secondary headline, then short opening sentences. I don't mind longer paragraphs later, but not at first. At first, I need to get people into a trance. So the statements are short.

Once I have them engaged, the paragraphs are longer. And I always use endorsements, quotes, and PS's, to enhance the look and feel of my letter.


0 Responses to "Controversial Secrets Behind Joe Vitale's Hypnotic Success"