How Giving Made A Book A #1 Best-Seller

Over the course of a year, I worked to heap as much lifechanging value and content on my newsletter readers: Information that would literally blow them away from what they were compared
to getting from other ezines on the Internet.

Each week, I’d ask these questions, "How can I go the extra mile for my valued readers?" and "How can I give them more than they’d ever expect?"

My newsletter subscribers grew to love me and my work. I was continuously giving them all I could.

In the middle of 2001, I wrote a book. A host of book publishers mocked us saying, .No one will read your book Conversations with Millionaires. No one wants to read your actual conversations from your little radio show." So we were left to go down this road alone.

My co-author, Jason Oman, and I were first-time authors, selfpublishing a book. We didn.t know what to do. But we knew we had a list of loyal followers. All we had to do is ask for their help.

What the publishers didn’t get is that we had thousands of people who were ready to help us because of how we first went the extra mile and served them.

That.s the power of what I call Loverage.

On January 18, 2002, 76 days after the book’s release, without spending money on advertising, public relations and without public speaking, we knocked John Grisham off the top spot at Amazon.com and claimed it!

We had ourselves a number #1 best-selling book.

Also, it brought in over $31,070 in sales!

The power of giving leads to the fountain of receiving.

We’ve received an abundance of money, new friends, and a ’path’ that helps many. Also, the book has already been translated into three languages.

Since then this ’little book that could’ has been touching the lives of tens of thousands of people, all because when you give without expecting anything in return, you get more then you could ever want. As you sow, so shall you reap.

When ’they’ mock you because you desire to serve and give, you think about the story of Conversations with Millionaires.


Mike Litman is the co-author of the #1 Best-Selling book
“Conversations with Millionaires.” http://www.mikelitman.com


0 Responses to "How Giving Made A Book A #1 Best-Seller"