How to Reprogram Our Mind?

What are some of the steps that we can take to basically reprogram our minds to start focusing on the things that we want and not the things that are consuming us?

I want to begin an answer to it by letting everybody know that I can REALLY relate to that experience that you just described. For those who don’t know…and I don’t even know if you know this…but thirty-some years ago, I was homeless in Dallas. It’s something I didn’t even talk about for the longest time and then when I did talk about it, I was always embarrassed.

It’s people like Mark Joyner who encouraged me to OWN it and to SHARE it, because a lot of people might relate to it. When I did finally leave that and I had moved to Houston, I was in POVERTY. I mean, literally poverty, where I struggled to pay $200 a month to live in a dump!

I was incredibly unhappy. I was taking all kinds of jobs that I HATED. I was a car salesman. I was a reporter. I was a cab driver. I worked for an oil

company looking for gas on maps. It was just doing things that were not my calling, yet at the same time, I knew what my calling WAS.

In my HEART I knew that I wanted to be an author. I knew that I wanted to write books like The Attractor Factor, though I didn’t know the concept at that time.

I knew I wanted to write books that would make a difference that would inspire people but, my God, did I struggle! I declared bankruptcy at one time. I remember at points my bills just piled up and laying in bed and staring at the stack and praying at whatever I thought would listen to me…whatever you think …God or the Divine or whatever that is and justsay, “Help me out of this! How am I going to do it?”

So, first, I relate. OH, do I ever relate!

Been there, done that!

Today, life is so different that I look back at that and it seems like that was a different person. Of course, it WAS me. But my self and my life are so dramatically transformed that I look at it as if I was reading a storybook or watching a movie about somebody else. Yet, that WAS Joe Vitale.

So, the first thing that I would say in terms of things to do is, you’ve got to find that space of peace, sanity, and gratitude in this MOMENT. That means doing whatever it takes to be grateful for what you have!

I know when I was first told that and I was struggling, it was like, “Give me a break! I want the cash! I don’t want to just sit around being grateful for what I’ve got.” I had to WORK at being grateful.

Once, I got to this point of being grateful, I would realize, that, “Wow!

Even if I lived in a basic efficiency and had a refrigerator and the bathroom is in the same room and not much of anything else to think of or speak of, I was probably living like a king or queen compared to people in third world countries. I was probably living better than actual kings and queens of past centuries ago, because they didn’t have any of the luxuries that we today
take for granted.”

When I started to play with that concept and thought, “Oh, my God! Yeah, I am in debt, but I DO have a roof over my head and I HAVE eaten. I DON’T know where the next money is coming from, but certainly SOME will come and it will come from SOMEPLACE!”

You know, I started to look around and say, “Yeah. I can be grateful. I can be grateful for my health. I’d look around and be grateful for my pens or my books or my T.V. or my computer, whatever it happens to be.” So, the very, very first step for me is to tell people to FIND SOMETHING TO BE GRATEFUL FOR. It could even be this call.

It could be this group that you’ve put together…and this is another tip…having a SUPPORT TEAM IS ESSENTIAL for leaving where you’ve been STUCK in going up a level or two. I have found that to be the truth on ANYTHING BIG that you are trying to overcome.

You CAN do it be yourself. You can CERTAINLY do it by yourself, but it is FAR easier to have a team, to have coaches, to have a mentor, to have a group of people going through the same thing. This has been true for me when I was trying to overcome self-limiting beliefs when it comes to money and deservingness.

It was true for me when I was starting to lose weight. In order for me to lose eighty pounds, I had to transform my whole lifestyle. In order to do that, I had to leave the way Joe was before and I had to have support. So, I found that there was a group that wanted to do the same thing and I participated in it. So, that’s another tip.

This might be the third tip, I guess, is starting to FOCUS ON that INTENTION of HOW YOU WANT IT TO BE. This is something that I write a LOT about and talk a lot about, especially in the movie The Secret and in my book The Attractor Factor. The Power of Intention is off the scales. When you state a very clear intention of what you want to have, do,
or be, not only do you realign your whole body and mind to go in that direction, but you somehow send a signal out into the Universe that causes the Universe to orchestrate itself to make that intention come true. It will put you in situations that will lead to the birth of that intention or it will bring things to you that will lead to the birth of that intention. I’ve seen this happen repeatedly.

The only thing that I see that’s a precaution is that people DON’T take enough time to state a CLEAR intention.

I spoke at Pat O’Bryan’s Un-Seminar, his Portable Empire Seminar this past weekend in Austin. I asked everyone…I gave the pep talk in the morning…I told everybody about the Power of Intention. I encouraged them to go see The Secret.

I asked them, “What are your intentions for being here? What do you want to get out of this? Where do you want to be when you are all done in six months from now?”

One guy stood up and said, “I want to sell my first e-book this weekend.” I said, “Wow! That’s a great intention, but that’s not a very big intention.” I said, “I’ll buy your first e-book right now! Where are you after that?”

So, I want people to have a big, bold and clear intention…so clear that if they told it to somebody else they could understand it and, if possible, they could fulfill it.

So, ALL of these things, Mike, are elements of HOW you start to LEAVE where you are at, especially if you feel like you are in debt.

As Bob Proctor says in the movie, The Secret… and I loved it when he talked about this…he said, “If you are focused on debt or you are focused on getting out of debt, you are going to stay in debt!” Because, it’s so OBVIOUS that I can laugh about it now!

But, most of us think, “Well, we are in debt, we’ve got to dig ourselves out of it,” and what we are doing is we are FOCUSING on debt!! The Law of Attraction is going to give you MORE of that!

So, instead you focus on WEALTH. You start to listen to programs that are wealth based. You start to imagine, “Oh, if I had this money, what would I DO with it?” You start to get into this place of possibilities and it’s in that higher energy when you start to take it on and feel what it would be like and get excited about it that you start to think of new ideas.

It’s like Jack Canfield in the movie The Secret where he says that he didn’t know how he would come up with $100,000 but that was his goal. He used the Power of Intention, the Power of Visualization of lying in bed seeing himself getting the check.

He had no idea HOW it would happen, but suddenly ideas started to come to him! He was the SAME guy! He’d had ideas before, but now he got DIFFERENT ideas. He was ALERT to the ideas and he was able to get $97,000 when he was going for $100,000. He didn’t think that that was a failure, because he KNEW that IT WORKED!!

All of these are elements of what to do right now.


0 Responses to "How to Reprogram Our Mind?"