There’s a Customer Born Every Minute

Right now I am in the middle of a MASSIVE publicity stunt. I want to tell You a little bit about this P.T. Barnum publicity stunt that I am doing?

I was more or less SHAMED into doing it. I was only going to do an online campaign yesterday to announce my new, revised, enlarged, expanded book on P.T. Barnum. It’s called, There’s a Customer Born Every Minute and the website is up right now at www.barnumreturns.com.

It was actually Mark Joyner, our mutual friend, who said. “Are you ONLY going to do an online campaign? You’re the Barnum scholar. You’ve got a Barnum book. You are a Barnum disciple and you are not going to do some sort of Barnum-like event?”

So, that began the process of creating something that, in-short, ended up being called, “The World’s First Canine Concert.” The Canine Concert had a band playing and they played music at a sound level only dogs could hear! So, this wild, preposterous, crazy, humbug of an event took place yesterday in downtown Austin. A LOT of people contributed their time and their efforts and their talents. I put the word out that I wanted to do this event.

In short, I ATTRACTED all the right people because the synergy, the chemistry, the energy-level was just off the charts. I have magicians who came to perform. I had a woman who LOVES being on stage and she was an actual mermaid. I had an illusionist come and create an over sized version of my book, like a six-foot copy of There’s a Customer Born Every Minute.

Out of it, he produced P.T. Barnum, who produced a mermaid, who then introduced me. Of course, this was all a big publicity stunt to make a big fuss out of my book.

We also had a band there who played WONDERFUL rock music, Porter Davis is their name. I’m now a big fan of theirs. They played two songs for DOGS ONLY and there WERE dogs in the park. There were three news crews who came to cover this. [Chuckling] They did interviews with me and interviews with some of the other key players.

The whole thing happened yesterday. We were worried that it would rain and it didn’t rain at all. Instead, the sun BAKED us into the earth! It was very hot and I have a DEEP sunburn to prove it.

It went over very well.

Yeah! When you want to talk about The Attractor Factor or the Law of Attraction, when I think about it, that’s really what made all of this work!

Because, I could have done what a lot of other people have done. You pull people into a project and some are wanting to be involved and some aren’t.

Some people are in alignment with the idea and some people aren’t. They all have their own agendas! But, magically, everybody INVOLVED was SO excited!

At the end of it, I felt so indebted to them because I wasn’t PAYING these people ANYTHING! I was giving them a CHANCE to do what they like to do and to perform and to be part of history, to be part of this stunt. I kept thinking afterwards, “How am I going to thank these people?” Do I have to give them money? Do I have to give them books? Do I have to take them out to eat? What do I do?

The funny thing is that each of them was thanking me like ten times EACH for the HONOR of being involved in this event! All I could think is, “Wow, Joe! That was the attraction factor. That was The Attractor Factor working!! You attracted these people that ALL wanted to participate, that ALL had a great time. I’m getting emails all day long from everybody saying HOW MUCH FUN they had!

So, yeah! That’s what it was, The Attractor Factor come to life!

The Barnum book is called, There’s a Customer Born Every Minute and it reveals P.T. Barnum’s ten rings of power for fame, fortune, and to build your own empire today. I used one of those rings of power…well, more than one…yesterday! One of them being publicity and another one being networking…working with people who look for a like-minded interest.

After our Canine Concert, I took everybody out to eat. There’s like 30 of us in a restaurant. We are dripping with sweat, but we are all just delighted because we’ve had just a zinger of a day.

We are just exhilarated by everything that’s going on…being in front of the media, the public, and the whole thing. Some of the people are looking at me and they are asking me questions like, “How do you do it?”

I’m like, “How do I do what?” They are like, “You just got off doing a month long Hypnotic Selling Secrets promotion that you were relentless in doing all this marketing for. You are on television or you are on the radio or you are doing these teleseminars almost every day. It seems like you come out with a book almost every month.”

I mean, I just finished promoting, Life’s Missing Instruction Manual a month or so ago and now, today and yesterday I’m promoting my P.T. Barnum book and I’ve signed contracts to promote and write more books with my publisher. I’ll be coming out with Hypnotic Writing. I’ll be coming out with a book on an ancient Hawaiian healing method. I’ll be coming out with another book on hypnotic marketing and aspects of it.

Of course, there are ongoing promotions and I’m also doing my OWN thing where I’m still in my own fitness program. I’ve been in four fitness contests. I’m going to be drumming up something big along those lines next month that I’ll be announcing later. People go, “When do you sleep?”

Well, you know, on one level I guess I can understand where they are coming from. But on another level, all I am doing is staying plugged in to the Universe’s energy. This goes back to the whole Attractor Factor synchronicity, being in the moment, and following your compass.

When my inner compass says, “Okay, Joe, here’s an idea for a product,” or, “Here’s an idea for a book,” I DON’T sit around and think, “Gee, I wonder if it’ll work.” I instead JUMP on it, do whatever it takes to bring it to life, do whatever it takes to kick it out there into the world, and then move on to the next thing that the compass is nudging me to do. They don’t ALL happen at once. If all of these happened in one hour, I would be dead! I just couldn’t mentally handle the information overload, let alone get it all done. But, they are being paced out.

So, I’m not pausing. I’m not self-doubting. I’m not self-sabotaging. I’m not reflecting. I’m just staying in the moment. This also ties into your statement about, “The wealthy seem to get wealthier, the happier seem to stay happier, and the poor seem to stay poorer.” Well, that ties into that fundamental principle psychology, which is really the attraction principleat work… The Attractor Factor.

You get MORE of whatever you FOCUS on. That’s really it!!

I am focused on…how would I express this? I’m kind of thinking outloud here. I’m more focused on BEING tuned in and turned on by following my passion, my enthusiasm, my bliss, so that in every moment I’m asking myself, “What would be FUN to do?”

I would say that it’s more often than not subconsciously, but I’m TUNING INTO the FEELING because the feeling is what’s telling me, “Yeah, go in this direction, don’t go in that direction.” It’s the FEELING that’s really my inner compass that’s saying, “This would be exciting to do.”

Now, as I say that, I want to be sure to point out that sometimes it feels UNCOMFORTABLE to follow your compass because it MAY say, “Get on stage and do a publicity stunt like the Canine Concert.” Well, if you’ve never done it before, that’ll feel uncomfortable. That uncomfortableness is not a feeling that says, “Don’t do it.” It’s a feeling that says, “This is unknown territory, tread softly, look around, protect yourself because you’ve not done this before, but the feeling is still saying, ‘Do it!’”

It’s IMPORTANT to FOLLOW that feeling. I think that that’s really my CUE, whether that’s subconscious or just a body-oriented, sensory kinesthetic awareness, but it’s important to follow my feeling and ACT on it.

If it feels uncomfortable, I have to pause and say, “Okay, is it uncomfortable because I’ve never done it before or is it uncomfortable because I shouldn’t do it period?”


0 Responses to "There’s a Customer Born Every Minute"